Monday is news day on the Azúcar! Blog. Here are your latest school updates and news from around the Ottawa salsa scene.
Happy April Fools Day! Are you the type to prank or be pranked? (We love you either way!)
The Azucar! Studio will be closed on:
- Monday, April 1st (Easter Monday). There will be no Intermediate 1 today!
- Saturday, April 6th (Salsafair). Salsafair is the annual international salsa congress of the Ottawa region. We’re closing our studio to allow all our teachers to attend, and to encourage all of you to go too!
Emilie Phaneuf’s special workshops are getting even more fun!
The current special workshop session ends tomorrow (April 2)! A new 12-week workshop session starts next week, with MORE classes on both Tuesdays and Saturdays! Here’s the schedule breakdown:
Tuesdays (April 9 – June 25)
6.00 – 7.00pm – Salsa Ladies’ Styling
7.00 – 8.00pm – Dancehall Funk
8.00 – 9.00pm – Reggaeton
Saturday (April 13 – June 29)
3.00 – 4.00pm – Beginner Burlesque
4.00 – 5.00pm – Intermediate Burlesque
5.00 – 6.00pm – Reggaeton (separate from the Tuesday class)
Registration is open – email us at email@example.com or call 613-276-8477.
End of Winter session
There are 3 weeks left in our Winter 2013 session – the last day of classes will be April 21! To wrap up our winter session with a taste of things to come, we’re planning:
- A Bachata and Salsa social on Wednesday, April 17 (8:00 – 10:30pm)
- An Introduction to Spinning Workshop on Sunday, April 21 (12:00 – 1:00pm)
- A Dips & Tricks Workshop on Sunday, April 21 (1:30 – 3:00pm)
More details will be right here, and on Facebook, in the next few days!
This week’s events
For a list of other socials happening this week, check out Salsa à la carte.